Tuesday, April 14, 2009


Sarge, Joy, and DD Daughter at the Phoenix Zoo - Easter Vacation 1982?

Word of the Day

Pooydrink - An alcoholic drink that doesn't taste right.


I've packed away my Easter snow globes and decided to pack up DD Daughter's Easter snow globes to bring to her when we see her on our way to The Lake. I know I have Christmas snow globes that belonged to her but...I don't feel like dragging all the Christmas snow globes out and sorting them. DD Daughter will have to wait a bit longer for those. I'll sort through them next Christmas and then sort and pack them up for her...setting them aside for the next cross country trek.

I decorated the dining room with a fall theme. I suppose I could have picked out a summer theme but...we won't be here to see it. We will be back here this fall but I'll wait to put out the pilgrims and turkeys and pumpkins until we get back here. Instead, I put some non-season specific decorations so the table doesn't look too bare while we're gone.

Murphyism of the Day

Langsam's Ornithological Axiom


It's difficult to soar with eagles when you work with turkeys.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

September tries its best to have us forget summer.

- Bern Williams

No comments: