Friday, April 17, 2009


The Ice is Off the Lake - April 2009
Photo taken by T-Square when there was still a bit of ice left...but not much.

Word of the Day

Possessment - 1. The act of possessing a speech that makes people feel strangely closer to the speaker. 2. A period of time in which someone or something is possessed.


It's been rather cool outside for the last couple of days. Cool...by Valley of the Sun standards. It's actually 75 degrees outside right now which feels a lot cooler than one might think if they didn't live here. I think it has something to do with how dry our climate is. I've noted that 65 degrees is a darn nice day at The Lake. Oh well...I'm not really complaining...even though I'm having to wear a sweatshirt to keep the goosebumples away. The sun is shining and there's a breeze that isn't kicking up a dust storm and there are some high wispy clouds chasing each other across a blue sky. The breeze is causing a certain wind chill factor. It's either wear the sweatshirt or close the window...and I'm enjoying the sound of my fountain...so closing the window is out unless we get another dust storm. However, it's too cool for the iced tea I have in the fridge because I don't drink pop. The hot tea I just brewed is hitting the spot.

Murphyism of the Day

Rune's Law


If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

There are a hundred billion stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's still 71 degrees here at 5:45 CST p.m. It's been a beautiful day to have our windows open to air out the house :)

- Sis

Anonymous said...

You will beat me to the lake> Festival of Nations is April 30-May 3. Come and see me in costume!!!
May 6 I'll come to my lake.