Friday, April 10, 2009


Sarge - Taken before Sergeant status (I'm supposed to get an official Sarge picture sometime before we leave for The Lake. It's coming snail-mail.)


Word of the Day

Pooja - A word to describe something that means alot to you, such as a pet or friend. A pet name.


Today is the day that MC Daughter is going to officially become Sergeant MC Daughter. Sarge.

Congratulations


Sarge!


WTG!




Preparations are underway for the weekend. Things are going to be busy and I don't think I'll have or take the time to blog. We're going to be spending time with our friends for the short time they'll be here this weekend. The plans are to pack too many activities into too little time. Wish us luck. It's supposed to rain? And we're going to The Botanical Gardens? Lovely. Umbrella time. I dug out all of our functioning umbrellas. I only had to throw away one which had holes in it, which left us with four. Four umbrellas in a state where it rarely rains...but...chances are we'll be needing them on Saturday.

HTP and I picked up my clarinet from Milanos. A day early. Nice. It's working great! I practiced last night...to be on the safe side (not that I didn't trust them but). While I was practicing, I was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell...well...actually, I didn't hear the doorbell ring, I heard HTP shouting for me to get the door. It was the musical director from church with the music I need for Easter Sunday's sunrise service. Six sharps...again. I marked the music but I've got questions about some repeats that go nowhere and a D.S. (go to the sign), that doesn't have a sign to go to. Huh? It's hard to practice a piece of music when that happens. I'll have to wait until Sunday at 5:15 AM, when we'll run through the music before the service. I hope it's not going to rain.

Update

I washed and sterilized the equivalent of 64 (750ml) bottles for the wine-bottling party tomorrow. I suspect I need more than that but...that's all I've got. I really need to start going to the wine-tasting parties at the clubhouse and pass the word in the neighborhood again that I'm saving bottles again...and I should stop drinking box wine. Hey! You really didn't think I drank all the wine that was in those empty bottles, did you? We have our ways of collecting empty bottles without actually consuming the alcohol that they used to hold. Anyway, I dug out and sterilized some 1/2 gallon and 1 gallon wine jugs ( also given to me by neighbors)...just in case. If I end up using them, I'll have to bring them to The Lake this summer so Sis and I can re-bottle the wine into smaller, more traditional bottles (the ones you can put a cork in). Heads up Sis!

Murphyism of the Day

Pinto's Law


Do someone a favor and it becomes your job.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Leave well - even 'pretty well' - alone: that is what I learn as I get old.

- Edward Fitzgerald (1809 - 1883)

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

YAAAYYY! GO T! XD