Saturday, April 18, 2009


Gypsy - Before her visit to the groomer

Word of the Day

Postalport - The annoying window in an envelope that rarely lines up with the address.


I'm bringing Gypsy to the groomer's today. She's going to look naked by the time they're done with her. Poor baby! The thing is that we have these plants that grow at The Lake that have teeny (smaller than a BB)burrs that stick in Gypsy fur. Even with short hair, I'll have to comb them out of the hair between her toes on a daily basis. Then...there's the woodtick issue. At least with short hair, I'll be able to spot any free-loading ticks. Thankfully, this isn't too much of a problem since I use Frontline. I wish there was a Frontline for humans. Sis tells me that the woodticks are numerous this year...already. I'll post an "After" picture of Gypsy later tonight.

It's hard to believe that HTP and I will be all packed up and hitting the road in less than a week. The age old question arises, "Will all this stuff fit?" I'm never sure. By next Saturday night, we should be in Denver. I hope the snow will have melted by then. They really got dumped on...and it's April?! I heard that they had to close some of the very roads that HTP and I plan to drive on. Argh! Sounds like the same storm will be hitting The Lake by the middle of next week. I'm glad my Dad was able to get the plumber out to our lake home to turn the water back on.


Gypsy - After her visit to the groomer

I know you can't really see the difference but....she looks weird. Naked. They shaved her. All her feathers are gone and they cut back all the hair on her ears. However, she doesn't seem to mind.

Murphyism of the Day

Kauffman's Law of Airports


The distance to the gate is inversely proportional to the time available to catch your flight.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

- Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JC found two tiny ticks crawling on himself yesterday while he was watching TV. I wouldn't let him crawl into bed last night without a shower and thoroughly checking himself for more. I haven't been out in the woods yet so my count is still zero. Abby had a few before being FrontLined. Yeah, why don't they market a human version? I suppose we bathe too often and it just washes off :)

"boospity" - funny, what kind of a verification word is that?

-Sis