Thursday, April 23, 2009


Gypsy is Dogging my Every Step...even though she's got her kennel back.

Word of the Day

Preambulance - A vehicle equipped for helping those with writer's block.


So...HTP complimented me yesterday when he said, "Hey! You're all packed and ready to go!" At least...I think it was a compliment. He only just started packing today. Of course, he really has been doing everything that needs doing aside from packing. Believe me when I tell you that the list of things that need doing, people who need calling, dealing with the post office here and in Wisconsin, getting our DirecTV taken care of so that it'll be ready for us when we get The Lake, getting the computer stuff ready so we'll have DSL when we get to The Lake, getting a desktop system all set, pulling stuff out of the bank deposit box and putting stuff into it....Believe me. HTP didn't have time to pack until today...not that he would have if he did have the time. He's one of those guys that makes his list and is totally confident that he can get everything packed on that list at the last minute.

As I was listening to Coast to Coast last night...one of the several times that I woke up during the night and found myself unable to shut down my brain...I remembered several things that I forgot to put on my Packing List. I rectified the situation this morning but...if I'd waited until the last minute to pack, like HTP, I'd have forgotten something. I know this. My brain is a wonderful, ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) thing. I make my lists but that doesn't mean that I remember to put everything on the lists. I remember to do things (mostly) but...I forget to put that stuff on the lists. That's why I keep revising my lists and keep them on my computer so I can use them as a guide for "the next time". However, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to forget something again. I always do. Oh...and HTP? He forgets stuff too.

HTP and I are hitting the open road tomorrow morning. We have a Closing List. Most of the things on that list have already been accomplished, as many as we could do, but, there's some things that we can't do until today, and there's some things that can't be done until tomorrow morning. It takes some time to do those things tomorrow morning. Thus, I have no real idea what time we'll actually be hitting the road. What I can say is that we plan to spend tomorrow night in Albuquerque. We'll have our laptop with us on a nightly basis so we can check in to make sure that everyone is OK and that we, in turn, are OK. But, having said all that, don't be surprised if you don't see a new blog from me until HTP and I get to The Lake. Blogging isn't high on priority list after I've been driving all day and I know that I'll be driving all day the next day...and the next day. And I plan to spend every available moment with DD Daughter, GI Joe, and Ms. En while we're visiting them for a mere two days before driving all day again to get to The Lake. I'll catch you up later...after I get unpacked and sweep away all the ladybugs and dispose of any dead mice that have piled up while we've been here in Arizona.

Murphyism of the Day

First Law of Travel


It always takes longer to get there than to get back.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments: