Friday, July 10, 2009


Deck Gardens - July 10, 2009

Word of the Day

Rockter scale, The - A scale from 1 to 10 measuring the seismic force of a particular gig. 10 on the Rockter scale would be a gig that caused localised geological upheaval. 1 would be Culture Club.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 40

I have no viable excuse for not blogging yesterday. I just never got around to it. HTP and I are going to an Italian family reunion tomorrow and we're supposed to bring something to share. HTP and I decided to share some Italian Pizzelle. Italian Pizzelle are waffle cookies which, of course, require a special pizzelle waffle iron. HTP bought me one this spring. So...I spent the morning making Italian Pizzelle. Nine dozen. This doesn't sound like much but each waffle cookie is approximately five inches in diameter and you can only make two at a time. It takes a while. Actually, I won't be bringing all the pizzelle to the reunion. I'm going to keep some here to enjoy. I love nibbling on one with my first morning cup of coffee...or tea.

I'm starting to cut down on my coffee intake. Actually, I've only had one cup of coffee so far this week. Of course, I'm still getting my daily dose of caffeine because I've switched to tea. Hot tea, cold tea, iced tea. The tea will be kinder on my stomach. I'm also trying to wean myself off of Prilosec, Tums, and Pepcid. I found a place online where I can buy some real tea. You can't buy real, loose-leaf tea at the stores near here. I know I can buy some in the big city, or at the oriental grocery store in Arizona, but...not here. I'm looking forward to having some real tea. In the meantime, I did find some fairly decent black tea from Lipton and there are some more expensive tea bag teas from Bigalow but...I'm eager to try the Lapsang Souchong and Big Red Robe (Da Hong Pao), as well as enjoying a nice Oolong. I'm getting some Earl Grey and some Black teas but...it's fun to experiment. However, caffeine is a must. I hear that they're saying that it's good for you now.

Since HTP and I will be in the big city on Saturday, we decided to bring Gypsy to a PetSmart there for grooming. She can have a day at the spa (hair and nails) while HTP and I are at the family reunion.

Murphyism of the Day

Gibb's Law


Infinity is one lawyer waiting for another.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time.

Edward P. Tryon

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

Ah, that's why I love The Tea Smith. Nuthin but tea.