Thursday, July 23, 2009



Word of the Day

Sandlersydrome - One who is fond of saying quoted lines in Adam Sandler movies and doesn't get sick of saying them in life.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 41

Sis sent me the following Tick Warning.

TICK WARNING!

I hate it when people forward bogus warnings, and I have even done it myself a couple times unintentionally but this one is real, and it's important.

Please send this warning to everyone on your e- mail list.

If someone comes to your front door saying they are checking for ticks due to the warm weather and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up,

DO NOT DO IT!! THIS IS A SCAM!!
They only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday.

I feel so stupid.


It's been a laid back, kick back day. The extent of my exercise was to go out and pick the raspberries (again) and the blueberries. After that, I cleaned, prepped and froze some of the berries for a future jam-making project. I'm still not getting many blueberries from my bushes but I'm hopeful that next year will be better. Do I always say this? Anyway, someone gave me a few hints to improve my crop...hints that I only started following when I got here this spring. I don't expect to see too much improvement until next year.

I did, however, sort through and figure out what was in the huge box that my Mom gave me. She told me that it was the Flower Garden quilt that my grandmother had started a long time ago. Having taken a look at all the work my grandmother put into this project, I'm going to try my best to complete the quilt. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue when it comes to quilting. I spent a great deal of time on the computer today doing research. This isn't going to be an easy project. I'm going to let it gel in my mind a while before tackling it. In the meantime, the musty smell started to make me sneeze so...everything has been returned to the box...temporarily....because if the musty smell is making me sneeze...I hate to think of what it will do for HTP. It won't hurt to keep things in the box a while longer. Besides, DD Daughter's MIL is a quilter. I'm hoping that she'll be able to toss some helpful hints my way before I start hunting for needle and thread.

Murphyism of the Day

Gross's Courtroom Laws


1. if you are early for a court appearance, the judge will be late; if you are late for a court appearance, the judge will be on time.

2. Even if your case is the first case on a long court calendar, it will be the last one heard - unless you are late.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Over the years your bodies become walking autobiographies, telling friends and strangers alike of the minor and major stresses of your lives.

- Marilyn Ferguson

No comments: