Thursday, July 30, 2009



Word of the Day

Scandroid - 1. One of many striped price codes that mysteriously began appearing on consumer products back in the 1990's. 2. The drones that work long hours in the checkout lines scanning the items people buy.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

I managed to pick my raspberries despite the lingering wet from last night's drizzle. I prepped 2 1/2 cups of raspberries for my next batch of raspberry jelly. I was going to pick my blueberries but...

We decided to make another trip into the city....unplanned. Dad had a minor incident with a platform rocker. To be on the safe side, we took him into an urgent care facility. He's fine. Everyone admired how photogenic Dad is...especially the guy who took Dad's x-rays.

We're getting more rain. I'll pick the blueberries tomorrow...if things dry off. Sis called to ask me if I was satisfied now that we got more than an inch of rain in less than fifteen minutes. I told her that "WE" (those of us who live on the north side of the lake) only got 0.28 inches of rain in fifteen minutes. Everyone knows that the south side of the lake gets more rain than the north side of the lake....however, it's still raining.

Murphyism of the Day

Henderson's Law


The less you say, the less you have to retract.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Vigorous let us be in attaining our ends, and mild in our method of attainment.

- Lord Newborough

No comments: