Sunday, July 12, 2009


The Raspberries are Ripening at The Lake

Word of the Day

Rokblok - Deflection off a small rock or pebble on a baseball field thereby changing the direction of the baseball.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 40

The morning started out so cold that I was wearing a winter jacket and a scarf. I even started a small fire in the fireplace. By afternoon, it was still only 65 degrees outside. However, I was finally able to take off my long-sleeved shirt and sweatshirt after the sun started doing its job. And by 5 PM, I decided that it was warm enough to take off my socks and roll up my pants in order to bail out the boat.

Note to self. We really haven't had all that much rain this summer. Bail out the boat immediately after it rains. I risked life and limb bailing out the boat today. Algae. Slippery algae. I didn't slip but there was about a foot of green water in the boat that needed to be bailed. The bottom of the boat was slick with algae. Yuck! Double YUCK!!!! The smell wasn't all that choice either. Oh well...I don't think we'll have any measurable rain in the coming days so the sun should dry off any remaining moisture in the bottom of the boat.

I picked my first raspberries this morning. I'm having to pick them when they're just turning pink to save them from the birds and chipmunks and squirrels. They're only starting to ripen. But, I'm going to have to drag out the sprinkler again if I want raspberries to fully form. It has been way too dry this summer.

New on TV? I really enjoyed the pilot episode of Warehouse 13 on the SciFi Channel.

Murphyism of the Day

Laws of Contract Negotiations

1. Each unacceptable offer has an equal and opposite unreasonable demand.

2. Any concession won is offset by a concession granted.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

My work is a game, a very serious game.

- M. C. Escher (1898 - 1972)

2 comments:

D. Skippy said...

You mean "SyFy"? Guh, I can't believe they did that. How retarded.

Old Grey Frog said...

That's probably why I couldn't remember that they goobered up the spelling. Anyway, the series is promising.