Wednesday, July 08, 2009



Word of the Day

Rizzle - Real; true; no kidding.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 40

There's nothing like stumbling into a nest of mites to liven up one's day. Mites crawling all over my hands and arms. What is it about me and bugs this summer?! First woodticks and then mites? To make it was only after I stumbled into it for the second time that I discovered the source. The source was near the hosebib...which I'd been using for days. Expletive deleted! I've been itching for days...since the start of my sprinkler dancing. Mite bites. Everywhere! I didn't realize the extent of the infestation until after supper last night. Time for a thorough bath and shampoo (I hate shampooing my hair at night), and that was just the beginning. When I saw a mite crawling on my pillow....it was time to wash all the sheets, the blanket, the comforter and spray the mattress. I'm nothing if not thorough. The bites still itch (at this rate I'll have to buy stock in meat-tenderizer) but I haven't seen any more mites. It's a good thing that I have great eye-sight when it comes to close up because these guys were TINY!!!!!! Masters of looking like a fleck of dust on your skin until you nudge them and then off they trot only to freeze and try to look like a piece of dust again. Scary stuff! I sprayed the couch and I even gave Gypsy a bath. Oh...and I treated all the bushes surrounding the hosebib so....how the mites have fallen? One can only hope.

Murphyism of the Day

Mishlove's Law


Never trust a lawyer who says he just slapped something together.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone.

- Carlos Castaneda

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

Man, you think mites are bad, try getting scabies!! Freaking squad bay life! They never wash those green wool blankets. Yuck.