Friday, July 03, 2009


Happy 4th of July!

Word of the Day

Riceroach - 1. The burnt krispie in every bowl of Rice Krispies. 2. Any grain of rice in a package of rice that still has its husk.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 39

OK...I meant to blog yesterday but ran out of time because we've got company.

The boys took me to see the new Transformer movie. Wonderful! Loved it! Suspend ye all belief but I enjoyed it. Afterwards we ran over to Walmart to pick up brat buns and some vanilla ice cream for our strawberry sundaes...which we never made because we were so full from the brats. But, I get ahead of myself.

I sent #1 Son and his friend out on a hike...armed with Deep Woods Off and hats. I really should have taken a picture. They looked great and so debonair in those hats I picked up in Little Italy last summer. I was a bit concerned that they might not make it back alive. Only kidding. It really isn't all that dangerous to hike in our woods...well...there are black bears...and someone sighted a cougar in one of the nearby cities but....then there's the coyotes and that wolf pack that has moved into the area....

This is where the brats on the grill part came in...when they got back from their hike. I really did plan on making strawberry sundaes but we decided to hold off until after the movie. Movie? We couldn't resist re-visiting the first Transformers movie. "No,no,no,no...." Our human hero didn't punctuate the second movie with this line but after it was pointed out to me....he did use this line a heck of a lot during the first movie.

After looking nervously at the weather radar online, we bravely sallied forth to watch fireworks at Tagalong. There was rain but things cleared off in time to enjoy the first fireworks. Too bad the smoke got so thick that by the time the finale arrived we could only enjoy the sound and fury. Otherwise, we had perfect seats, parked right next to one of the golf course greens. There's supposed to be fireworks again tonight at one or more of the nearby towns but I think we plan to stay home and enjoy the display the boys have planned.

Today? I'm not sure. I haven't even decided on what I'll make for breakfast. Maybe HTP will make pancakes and I can fry up some bacon. We'll see.

Murphyism of the Day

The Lawyer's Maxim

Where there's a will, there's a lawsuit.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Although golf was originally restricted to wealthy, overweight Protestants, today it's open to anybody who owns hideous clothing.

- Dave Barry (1947 - )

No comments: