Saturday, July 18, 2009



Word of the Day

Sabotagical - To be so thoroughly entrenched in sabotage that it is as if one's whole essence is to sabotage.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 41

Wolf! I was sitting there watching TV when I saw a wolf casually stroll out of the woods and onto my driveway. Wolf! HTP! LOOK! It's a wolf! GASP! In our driveway?! It calmly strolled up the driveway and around the bend...and, of course, this is about the time that HTP grabbed the camera. Too late. OK...was it a wolf? or a coyote? HTP and I did some research. Top it off...we've seen coyotes. This was too big to be a coyote. It looked like it weighed more than my sister's black lab. I'm not too happy about how it felt confident about strolling around so near the house....on my driveway. Needless to say, I'm not letting Gypsy outside without me and if I'm in the garden or busy picking raspberries or blueberries, she can't come. I figure that I can only take care of ME if I happen to see a wolf and need to run....and I'm not too sure about ME. I'm also not too sure about taking long hikes on the logging road anymore. Black bears are one thing. They're more afraid of you than you are of them. A wolf? I'm just an easy meal.

Murphyism of the Day

Mendelson's Laws


1. No case settles before it is fully billed.

2. There is no such thing as "our" attorney.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others.

- Anais Nin

No comments: