Thursday, July 02, 2009


Happy Anniversary DD Daughter and GI Joe!

Word of the Day

Riceburner - 1. Cars that are made to appear fast but are actually slow. Often describing small foreign cars that people have spruced up in an effort to be laughed at by everyone they pass on the main streets of cities. 2. A vehicle, often a motorcycle, manufactured in Asia. These vehicles are often misrepresented as inferior or underpowered, but in reality often have great performance and quality — especially motorcycles. Not always the case in sedans, as many owners don't actually know how to boost their horsepower.



Happy


4th Anniversary


DD Daughter and


GI Joe!



I didn't forget! I just failed to send them a card because that's the part I forgot. Happy Anniversary DD Daughter and GI Joe! I hope you've had a wonderful day and night. Hugs!


Jam! I spent the entire day making strawberry jam and....I also made a couple of loaves of bread. I was shocked to see how the time flew right on by lunch. In other words, I worked right on through lunch and when I finally looked up I offered to make HTP a PB&J sandwich using some of the newly made jam but...., we're going to just skip it altogether and go right on to supper. I ended up making three batches of sugar-free strawberry jam (one less than last year) and one batch of the regular stuff. I've got enough strawberries remaining to make strawberry shortcake and/or strawberry sundaes. However, I'm not so sure that I have enough vanilla ice cream left for the later and I don't have any whipped cream so.... Oh well...maybe #1 Son will call me from the city to ask if I need anything at that store.

Actually...I didn't spend the entire day making jam. Before breakfast, I smashed the strawberries in the fermentation buckets and added the yeast which will turn plain old strawberry juice into strawberry wine...eventually. At least, it won't actually ever end up as strawberry wine because Sis and I plan to do some blending but until then....

#1 Son should be coming for a visit this weekend. He told me that he was going to be bringing along at least one of his friends. Grocery shopping becomes an adventure when you don't have a clue when it comes to who you need to cook for or not. I'm not even sure if he and his friend will be here for supper. HTP assured me that we probably won't see them until around 9 PM or later....or even tomorrow. So...I've got a pot of water on the stove and plan to make some spaghetti for HTP and me. I can always throw in some more pasta should it become necessary.

Murphyism of the Day

Gualtieri's Law of Inertia


When there's a will, there's a won't

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.

- Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)

No comments: