Wednesday, July 22, 2009


Sis always seems to be scrubbing buckets. :)

Word of the Day

Samolian - An inhabitant of, or relation to a country attributed to monarch, or possible deity, Sam. This country is most widely known as Samolia -- not to be mistaken for Somalia, a country in the far-eastern regions of Africa, on the Gulf of Aden and Indian Ocean. It is yet unknown where the location of this country lies.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 41

Sis and I spent the day racking and blending and sampling wine. LOTS of wine. Concord Grape Wine (blended), Rhubarb/Strawberry Wine (blended), Rhubarb Wine, and Gooseberry Wine. We had to sample the wines in order to adjust the sugar levels. Right now all the wines are VERY raw, and all needed more sugar. We'll check them again in a month.

We got more rain. After I took Sis home and just managed to get my raspberries picked, we got 0.76 inches of rain...and hail (pea-size). My poor petunias got smashed but I know from experience that they'll recover in a day or so. All my other plants look fine.

Murphyism of the Day

Solomon's Solution


Always provide your adversary two options, one of which is much worse than the one you are seeking.


Noteworthy Quote of the Day


It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

- Woody Allen

No comments: