Tuesday, July 28, 2009



Word of the Day

Sassitude - A position of the body or manner of carrying oneself in a fashion suggestive of arrogance; cockiness; superiority.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

Someone stole the sun. It's 64 degrees outside right now. What happened to summer? At this point, this is shaping up to be one of those summers that never were. However, there were two consecutive days in June when the temperatures hit the 90's. I don't mind the lack of sunshine if we'd just get some more rain. Adding up all the rain that we've had here at The Lake since we arrived at the end of April, I measured 5.78 inches. I decided to keep track. That's how much time I've got on my hands.

Murphyism of the Day

Courtney's Courthouse Codicil


The degree of attention paid by the jury is inversely proportional to the importance of the evidence.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

He knows all about art, but he doesn't know what he likes.

- James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

No comments: