Thursday, July 16, 2009




Word of the Day

Rubbage - 1. Large pieces of truck tire found on the side of the road. 2. An act of vigorously rubbing a dog's belly while speaking to the dog in baby-talk.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 41

We're into the middle of July and it feels more like April. The high temperature today only got as high as 62 degrees. What happened to summer? Come to think of it, what happened to the rain?

I felled three more small saplings and finished staking up my tomato plants on the deck. I'm not sure what one does when the tomato plants grow over six feet tall. Pinch off the new growth? It may not come to that. So far I've avoided any fungal problems but I hear that the stuff is rampant here in Wisconsin and Minnesota this year. I'm keeping an eye out for any sign of it.

Murphyism of the Day

Judge Fanin's Law


Liability follows damages.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Treasure the love you have received above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished.

- Og Mandino

No comments: