Friday, July 18, 2003

I spent a great deal of time yesterday in Rice Lake. I don't have a clue why I didn't go grocery shopping but I didn't. Now I have to spend a great deal more time in Rice Lake today. I need groceries. It's one thing to maintain groceries for two people on a diet. It's a whole other story when you have company. No-one who ever visits me is on a diet. One can't expect the whole world to diet along with you. I need groceries. Lots of groceries. The Pancake Breakfast at the American Legion Hall isn't until tomorrow morning and I only have enough eggs for today's breakfast. Bread. I could bake some but... My daughter doesn't eat fish so I can't feed her anything that we catch out on the lake either. So another trip into Rice Lake is unavoidable. Sigh. I should have gone grocery shopping yesterday.

Cliche of the Day

Vicious Circle. A disagreeable situation that keeps repeating itself; a chain of events in which dealing with one problem creates another problem. The term is from formal logic and refers to proving a statement with a second one that relies on the first one for proof. The 1792 edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica described it: "He runs into what is termed by logicians a vicious circle (failure to make connection between premise and conclusion.)"

No comments: