Saturday, July 19, 2003

I'm in a bad mood today. I tried and failed to refill my cellphone yesterday so I lost all my accumulated minutes. ARGH! "I'm sorry but we can only credit you back $30" Primal scream! A special service representative is supposed to call me within 24 hours to tell me if I can get my minutes back. Fat chance! I'm not holding my breath. I hate cellphones. I like having one but I hate them. Such a paradox! I'm not one of those people you see chatting while driving down the road, smoking a cigarette, and stuffing french fries into my mouth while juggling a shake. The stupid thing is only for emergencies. Of course, with my luck, I'd end up with a flat tire or a broken radiator hose or with a deer draped over the hood of my car or being chase through the woods by a black bear in a NO SERVICE area. Right now I'm in one of those areas where you have to punch in endless amounts of numbers...a number if you want to get your "prompts" in English, then they tell you (in English) to key in your own 10-digit telephone number, and then they tell you (in English) to key in your special code number, and then they tell you to punch in the number of the party that you wanted to call but by this time you have forgotten that number and you have to look it up and then they tell you that you didn't punch in the number fast enough so you have to start all over again and they ask you if you want your "prompts" in English. I really hate cellphones!

Cliche of the Day

Wave of the Future. A strong trend; an idea or a program that looks as though it is going to make a substantial impact. The analogy is to the force of an ocean wave. Anne Morrow Lindbergh gave the phrase currency by making it the title of a book (1940) in which she wrote: "The wave of the future is coming and there is no fighting it."

*Please note that all previous and future cliche definitions from the Cliche of the Day in these blogs are carefully chosen for you by The Grey Frog using The Dictionary of Cliches by James Rogers. Any and all cliches imbeded in the rest of the blog are brought to from the curiously strange and unconcious mind of The Grey Frog.

No comments: