Monday, July 21, 2003

Just got back from walking the dogs. The deerflies found me immediately as I stepped out the door. I'll have to put in a hat rack by the front door so I can grab a hat as I exit and hang a hat as I enter. OOOHHHH!!!!! This may be a positive thing! I can go hunting in antique stores! Cool! I love antique hunting and now I have a really good excuse. I need a hat rack for the entryway. I guess those deerfly aren't all bad. I suppose I could get creative and make a hat rack...I'm very creative and Bargain Bill's did have those balloon molds. It's going to be a rainy day so I can contemplate the possibilities for a while. I'll wait until next week to make any decisions. One must plan one's hunt.

Cliche of the Day

All to the Good. Satisfactory; tending toward a desirable outcome. This "good" is, or was, an accounting term referring to a balance on the plus side, a net profit or an excess of assets over liabilities. The Spectator in 1889 described a man who was "boasting that he...had so much heavier a balance in the bank to the good, in consequence."

No comments: