Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Why do people drink coffee? I know why I drink coffee. I'm addicted to caffeine. I used to drink my coffee black when I was in South America. I don't know why the coffee tastes so much better in South America. You can brew it thick enough for a spoon dissolve but it never tastes bitter. I don't care how weak or strong I make my coffee back here in "The States", it always tastes bitter. Must be the beans. I drink it with cream now because something had to give this "American Roof Water" aka coffee better flavor. I only require a dab of cream....and maybe a dash of salt to get rid of the bitter. What I don't understand is why people add all that other stuff to their coffee. Have you seen all the stuff they put into those coffee drinks at the Mall? These people aren't getting caffeine jitters, they're getting a sugar high. Is there any remaining coffee taste remaining? Where do you draw the line and stop calling such drinks coffee? The varieties are amazing! Whipped cream? Caramel sauce?

I have to admit, I do enjoy Cafe Latte. I order a Tall Double shot. No sugar please. No additional flavorings requested. Everytime I place my order I have to remind the girl/guy taking my order that I want a double shot. And everytime, they come back with a reply, "We always use a double shot in the Tall." Try it for yourself. You'll get the same reaction everytime. Now if I ordered a regular size Latte, I wouldn't have this problem. They would just put a double shot of espresso into my regular size Latte. What they don't seem to grasp is that I want them to double the amount of espresso that is normally put into my drink regardless of how large a portion I'm ordering. I now have to explain to them that if they put a double shot of espresso in the Tall, they need to put two double shots of espresso in MY Latte when I ask for a double shot. Apparently these kids are not destined to become rocket scientists. I pray that they aren't putting themselves through school to become my doctor or nurse. I shudder to think.

Cliche of the Day

Makes Your Hair Stand on End. Is a frightening or unnerving experience. The goose pimples that come on when one is startled or frightened raise the hairs near them, as the Bible reminds us (Job 4: 13-14): "Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake. Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up."

No comments: