Sunday, July 27, 2003

Looks like I'm going to be planning a wedding. In Vegas. In October. My youngest daughter and her boyfriend are getting married. None of the wedding plans that I can find tell you how to plan a wedding in less then 12 months. HAH! I did it for my wedding so it can be done. It can be done. I think I can, I think I can. When...Where...Who...Addresses...Flowers... Wedding Announcement....Photographer.

Cliche of the Day

Gala Occasion, A. A social event special for its fancy dress and spirited entertainment, for its festivity. A bit of repetitiveness here, since "gala" by itself means festivity. The word once stood by itself, as in this example from The Gentlemen's Magazine in 1778: "The anniversary of her Majesty's name-day was celebrated at the Russian court with great gala." The society columns of newspapers are the source of the current practice of invariably coupling "gala" with "occasion" or "affair".

No comments: