Monday, February 06, 2006

Word of the Day

Magnatricity-Being attracted to someone to such an extent it shocks you.

Cold/Flu - Screw it! Suffice it to say that it's been more than a month and I'm sick of being sick.

Maybe I'll get better fast if I stop keeping a running count. My friend, a nurse, tells me that if I have pleurisy like she thinks, it'll take a fair amount of time to get better. So, her recommendation? Are you taking an anti-inflammatory? Advil? I'm supposed to do that until it all goes away. Funny but I felt a lot better after she told me that. All I wanted was someone to tell me that it'll take four to six weeks before I'll be back to normal. Instead I spend all kinds of money to be scared about possible gall bladder, pancreas, liver, kidney, whatever disease. I still have to go and get an ultrasound on Wednesday because HTP won't let me cancel. But after Wednesday I refuse to pay any more for them to tell me what I don't have what I already know that I don't have.

Yesterday was the SuperBowl XL. I had to laugh at the XL part. The Pittsburgh Steelers won. I didn't watch. Maybe if Minnesota, Wisconsin or even Arizona were playing but even that would be a slim chance. I bet my Dad was watching. I know that my father-in-law was watching because we forgot about the game and HTP called them. I'm sure that HTP's Dad really appreciated the call. Oh well. HTP's Mom appreciated the call.

We met a new neighbor this morning. She came over to complain that our water was flowing into her yard. HTP and I discovered that we'd forgotten to readjust our watering schedule from its summer setting to its winter setting when we returned at the end of October. We changed the setting to a more reasonable winter setting on Saturday. After we told her this, we asked if there was still a problem. She told us that she didn't know since she hadn't looked since last week. We gave her our phone number and told her to call us if there was still a problem. Am I a bad neighbor because I'm hoping that she doesn't call and I'm fearing that this is going to become a problem? I sure hope this isn't one of those people who likes to complain and gripe about every little thing. Apparently she and her good friend moved into the house in November.

Murphyism of the Day

Fresco's Discovery

If you knew what you were doing you'd probably be bored.

Corollary

Just because you're bored doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

No comments: