Thursday, February 16, 2006

Word of the Day

Mechmanic - Manic mechanic.

I was packing. And then I took a look at my poor old purse, and worse yet, my wallet. Actually, my purse looks pretty good. It's just that I'm tired of it. It's red. I'm tired of toting around a red purse. So...this morning I switched all my purse stuff over to a tan colored purse that I have. Same model, different color. However, more drastic measures needed to be taken about the wallet. So I hopped into the car and went shopping. Hunting. I bought a new wallet. I'm not sure if I'm totally thrilled with my choice but at least I don't have to worry about losing my credit cards anymore and there won't be problems should I have to retrieve my driver's license at moments notice. It's not easy to find just the right wallet. Oh well... if this one doesn't work out, I'll get another. I didn't invest too much money on this one. It was a Target special.

Ouch! That sound so incredibly snobby. I love Target. This new wallet looks really classy and yet didn't cost an arm and a leg like my Coach purse. I'm just concerned about the durability of the clasp...not the look. One of those minor things in life that can irritate me to all get out is a wallet that won't close properly. My last wallet lasted for years but it finally pushed me too far when it flopped open and all my stuff fell out all over. The clasp wore out. The credit card sections were starting to rip.

I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow morning. That's the reason for the packing and the decision to run out and fix the wallet issue. I'll be bringing my laptop but I'm not sure if I'll actually have a chance or want to take the time to blog. I'm looking forward to spending a stress-free weekend with a couple of my very best friends and my Devil Dog Daughter who is going to join us as an honorary Vegas Gal. Hiking....if it doesn't rain. Maybe a show or two. Eating. And lots of talking and talking and laughter. Maybe I'll gamble some too. Wish me luck.

Murphyism of the Day

Naeser's Law

You can make something foolproof, but you can't make it damnfool proof.

No comments: