Sunday, February 26, 2006

Word of the Day

Microanarchy - The act of microwaving something that has conventional oven heating instructions only.

Bad Froggy! I got too lazy to blog yesterday. Yesterday was spent lazing about. I got my hair done. I met Arizona daughter at the mall for some birthday shopping. Her birthday...and mine. HTP and I got Arizona daughter some silverware for her birthday and Arizona daughter got me a carving knife and fork for my birthday. We celebrated at Cork 'N Cleaver for supper.

Today? More lazing about. Is it any wonder that I didn't blog?

I did finish the first book that I needed to read for the contest. Sorry. It wasn't my thing. It was a really boring story which leapt from the starting line with lots of sex and then a proposal of marriage with nothing to explain the whys or the what?! Oh, there were sex scenes but it was like the author was trying desperately trying to find a story to go with the sex scenes. There wasn't a story. I'm not a prude. I like a little spice in a story. I guess the best way for me to illustrate this is , I'm making a beef roast for supper tonight. Let my beef roast be a metaphor for "the story" in a book. I seasoned my beef roast with garlic salt and pepper. Let the garlic salt and pepper represent the sex scenes for "the story". Now, substitute my nice rolled rump roast with a hot dog, keep the garlic salt and pepper and that's a fair description of the first book that I read. Three more books to go and from what I'm seeing from the story descriptions on the other books, I wouldn't have willingly purchased a single one of them.

Murphyism of the Day

Langsam's Laws

1. Everything depends.

2. Nothing is always.

3. Everything is sometimes.

No comments: