Sunday, February 12, 2006

Word of the Day

Mayhaps - Maybe and perhaps.

Let's see....

I didn't wash my hair so I had to put it up on top of my head in a mock French twist for church. That's what I do when my hair isn't too bad but it still looks bad when it's draggling down my back. Actually, I feel pretty good about the fact that I didn't let myself get bullied into washing my hair, even if I was the only bully. Hah! I progress. Tiny baby steps toward correcting my wimpy weenie image. But anyway, I played a solo at church. Two services. I won't take any bows because it was a real easy solo. Slow and only three sharps. I like slow songs. I love ballads and dirges. Picture me as Eeyore.

After church I went grocery shopping. I forgot to buy the laundry detergent. Oh well, I think I have enough for Tuesday's wash. I did buy two porterhouse steaks. Two baking potatoes. Some fresh raspberries and a double chocolate cake. Salad fixings. And I bought some wine and champagne. Valentine's Day. I bought tons of cards but HTP and I decided that we wouldn't get each other cards this year. No chocolate either. The chocolate cake doesn't count. I got the cards for some of the Marines and GI Joe who are in Iraq right now. They'll be late but it's the thought that counts. I got tons of cards. Now I just have to get off my butt and get them sent before everyone comes home. Soon. I promise. Where did I put those stamps?

It's Snowing! No here...out East! New York. Washington...not the state. Ohio. Not Arizona. We need rain! I told my fellow orchestra members that they need to go out and wash their cars. Maybe that will work.

Murphyism of the Day

Hofstadter's Law

Things always take longer than you anticipate, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

No comments: