Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Word of the Day

Meatwave - Cattle stampede.

Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday Old Grey Frog Who Ain't What She Used to Be! Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm not really a whole year older. In all actuality, I'm only one day older than I was yesterday. It's just that I'm 365 days older than I was last year at this time. I know...that's a bit of nitpicking but on has to grasp onto all the nits one can when they reach my age. I've aged another four minutes since I started blogging this morning. Actually, maybe I'd rather not nitpick about birthdays. Until this morning I could still claim to be one whole year younger.

So...what does everyone else do on their birthdays? I cleaned the toilet after I took care of the dogs. I treated myself to a bowl of fresh raspberries for breakfast which I didn't even start making until 10 AM. I played Pogo. I grabbed the Sudoku puzzle...my Mom got me hooked on them and I think I'm finally getting the hang of them. And then? I sorted out my medicines into one of those two week medicine boxes. I've got to do that because otherwise I'd forget to take them because I'd be in constant angst about whether or not I missed a dose or overdosed. Actually, all of my "medicines" are vitamins and supplements right now but when you get to be older these things seem to become more necessary. Anyway, I think I'll listen to Rush for a while and play Pogo again. Tonight I think we're going out to dinner. Nothing's better than kicking back and doing absolutely nothing earthshaking on your birthday. I didn't even make the bed. HTP took care of that. OK. I did clean the toilet but I refuse to clean the microwave.

Murphyism of the Day

Siwiak's Rule

The only way to make something foolproof is to keep it away from fools.

No comments: