Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Word of the Day

Milk of amnesia - A remedy for unclogging mental blockage.

I got off my duff and packed up some care packages this morning. Since some of the stuff didn't fit into the boxes, I've got a start on the next care packages too. So...I headed off to the post office with addresses in hand and a list of contents. Normally I'd have all the customs forms all filled out but the old customs forms have been replaced with new customs forms. They look exactly the same but now there are 6 copies. Apparently, a sixth level of bureaucracy was born along with the baby New Year and they want their copy of exactly what I'm sending to GI Joe and the troops. Anyway, it took forever to fill out the forms and stuff but...it's done.

Errands. After the post office, I headed out to the grocery store and then the bank. I try to get all the stuff that needs doing in one fell swoop. We only have the one car. Heck! We only NEED the one car. But, I hate to hog it. HTP hates running around for trivial stuff like groceries. I'm not fond of it but one does have to eat. Our diet requires lots of trips to the grocery store to get fresh veggies. Unfortunately that stuff goes bad so you can't purchase that sort of thing on a monthly basis. I needed more eggs, milk and bread too. Then on to the bank so that I could deposit the lottery credit that the state of Wisconsin sent me. You'd think that it would have been a huge amount, given the hype that surrounds this credit. My check totaled all of $57. Hold me back! My lottery credit has me longing for a huge spending spree. McDonald's anyone?

Murphyism of the Day

Flugg's Law

It's when you need to knock on wood, you realize that the world is composed of aluminum and vinyl.

No comments: