Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Word of the Day

Toocutechy-cutechy-you - An expression used when you see a baby that is just too cute!

17 Days and a Wake Up And We Hit the Road*

Yesterday was long. I think we actually managed to fit a week's worth of errands and activities into one really long day in The Big City and we celebrated HTP's Mom's birthday too. I did get to spend time with #1 son so I'm not going to complain about my back anymore even though it still kinda hurts.

So, this morning I started the laundry, made breakfast, and then went over to my folks' place to pick up the dogs. My folks have been really nice about taking care of the dogs for us when we have to go to The Big City. Anyway, while I was over at their place my Mom noticed some puff balls growing in front of their cabin. Puff balls! I have puff balls. I'm going to clean them up and cook them with butter, garlic, and just a bit of salt and pepper. Yummy!

So, after harvesting the puff balls, I climb into my car and....EWWWWW!!!!!! STINKY DOGS!!!!!! I thought I was going to gag. I opened all the windows but EWWWWW!!!!!!! STINKY DOGS!!!!! There was no getting around it or putting it off and no amount of Febreze would take care of the stench. It was doggy bath time. When the dogs smell so bad that they make me gag, it's time to tackle the very unpleasant task of bathing the dogs.

My dogs absolutely hate baths. They will not willingly swim in a lake or any other body of water...ever. If it happens to be raining outside, they'd rather stay inside until it stops. Water is for drinking. Water is not for bathing. If my dogs had long hair, I'd bring them to a groomer rather than face all their complaints and fussing. Actually, bathing the first dog isn't too hard. The first one never suspects that I'd actually bath her until it's too late and she's already plunked down into the sink and all avenues of escape have been eliminated. Too late. The second one isn't stupid. She sees, hears and smells what happened to the first one and then I have to chase the second dog all over the house and dump her out of the kennel in order to get her bathed. Geez! Anyway, they smell a lot better now. I even scrubbed down their kennel and laundered their bedding. I was hoping to postpone this task until closer to our departure date but.... Anyway, let's hope that the dogs don't find anything nasty to roll in between now and our departure date. I'd hate to have to do this all again.

Murphyism of the Day

Sweeney's Law

The length of a progress report is inversely proportional to the amount of the progress.


* Disclaimer: The countdown has started but it isn't written in blood. I make mistakes and we all know that you just can't pin down life like a bug on a entomology class display board.

No comments: