Monday, October 09, 2006

Word of the Day

Transvey - To convey a thought between soulmates that transfers every essence of the thought, without saying a word.

11 Days and a Wake Up And We Hit the Road*

Now that there are more leaves on the ground than on the trees, I noticed a weird thing. One of my dogs is the exact color of the majority of the fallen leaves. When she's outside, I have a hard time seeing her unless she's moving. I went outside to call her in this morning and I couldn't find her. She was right there but I couldn't see her. I'm just not sure why this year is the first year that I've noticed this.

I had a partridge in a pear tree this morning. Actually, it was a pheasant in my crab-apple tree but let's not quibble. I ran to get my camera to take a picture but as is the way of things, I was too late. I miss so many really cool pictures. The other day there were three fawns browsing on the island where I have our glider. I missed that shot too. And then there was the time that our dog came nose to nose with a chipmunk. The chipmunk stood up and chattered at my dog and my dog turned tail and ran. I imagine that if I ever saw a Bigfoot or a UFO, I'd miss those shots too.

I bottled the Limoncello this morning. I also cleaned up the deck and stored my Earthboxes in the garage. I still need to bring the windchimes inside but I did manage to store away the birdseed feeders too. My ongoing war with the raccoons will have to wait until next year.

One of the other things I took care of today was arranging for our absentee voting ballots for the coming November elections. There are many who are hoping some of us will just stay home and let others make our decisions for us. My vote may not really make much of a difference but there is no way that I'm going to wake up the day after this election or any election and not be able to say that at least I voted.

Murphyism of the Day

Acheson's Rule of Bureaucracy

A memorandum is written not to inform the reader but to protect the writer.

* Disclaimer: The countdown has started but it isn't written in blood. I make mistakes and we all know that you just can't pin down life like a bug on a entomology class display board.

No comments: