Saturday, October 14, 2006

Word of the Day

Tritto - When someone says something, and someone else agrees and says 'ditto', and you're just standing there agreeing. Say tritto.

6 Days and a Wake Up And We Hit the Road

With less than a week before HTP and I hit the road along with my folks, there is much to be done. Unfortunately (fortunately?), much of the things on my To Do List are things that have to wait until the night before we head out. I still have things To Do but I'm really going to have things To Do next week. I dread hearing HTP tell me that there is no way that all this is going to fit into the car. He tends to do this bi-annually.

#1 son is here to spend the weekend with us. He got in late last night. He's on my To Do List. We're going to have to take him shopping one last time for whatever he'll need between now and Christmas when we see him next. There are a few houseplants (his houseplants) that he needs to take back to his apartment with him when he leaves on Sunday. There's more...it's on The List. Oh...and I'm going to start that laundry as soon as I'm done blogging. I'll have to do laundry again (HTP's and mine) one more time before we hit the road.

The snow has all melted for the most part. I'm not sure if we'll be getting any more before we close up or not. There are a few patches in the woods that draw the eye against the background of fallen leaves. Leaves? The last of them have fallen except those few stragglers hanging onto the upper branches of the oak trees. No more pretty colors. Only my icicle violas are still blooming along with their Johnny Jump-up equivalent. I'm glad that I planted a those eight little plants a couple of years ago. They've been fruitful and multiplied and cover the garden with a variety of unpredictable color. They keep on blooming despite the freezing temperatures and the snow.

Murphyism of the Day

Nies's Law

The effort expended by a bureaucracy in defending any error is in direct proportion to the size of the error.

No comments: