Thursday, October 12, 2006

Word of the Day

Treeunion - A family and extended family reunion.

8 Days and a Wake Up And We Hit the Road*

It's snowing again. It was 20°F when I got up this morning. We may get as much as 4 inches of the white stuff. I actually bundled up and went outside to took some pictures. This time I made sure that the digital camera had "film" in it. If we get enough snow, I plan to enjoy a Snowball Margarita. I haven't had one of those in years, not since the last time HTP and I were here during a snow-storm. We don't make a habit of it. Our snow of yesterday didn't stick around long enough. I'm not holding out too much hope that it'll stick around too long today either. I suspect that when they (the weather people) say that we'll be getting 4 inches of snow, they really mean that the arrowhead are of Minnesota and the upper peninsula of Michigan are going to be getting that kind of snow. We tend to get lumped into their weather reporting. It's doubtful that the weather people even know where we are other than a speck on the map. And all that is just fine with me...less weekenders to worry about.

It is interesting to note that my dogs aren't any more fond of snow than they are of water.

Murphyism of the Day

Adler's Axiom

Language is all that separates us from the lower animals--and from the bureaucrats.

* Disclaimer: The countdown has started but it isn't written in blood. I make mistakes and we all know that you just can't pin down life like a bug on a entomology class display board



No comments: