Friday, October 06, 2006

Word of the Day

Traction poles - Toes.

14 Days and a Wake Up And We Hit the Road*

Two Weeks! WE'RE LEAVING IN TWO WEEKS! OK. I'm not going to panic. We can do this. I've got a list. I have more than one list. I have several lists.

You can hardly see our driveway now. It's covered in a thick carpet of leaves that have fallen from the surrounding woods. I'm not one to rake leaves. Not here at The Lake. No-one is around to complain. I will have to finish putting my garden to bed. The guy that mows our lawn will come one last time and that'll take care of the ones that are blanketing the lawn right now. He'll put the clippings on my garden beds for me.

I can see my pine trees in the woods now. The only time I can see them is in the Spring before the leaves bud out and in the Fall when the leaves have fallen. I suppose I would be able to see them all Winter long as well but I'm not here too often during the winter. I checked the weather report this morning. We may see some snow next week. That's a sure sign that it's time to head south for the Winter.

* Disclaimer: The countdown has started but it isn't written in blood. I make mistakes and we all know that you just can't pin down life like a bug on a entomology class display board.

No comments: