Friday, October 27, 2006

Word of the Day

Udderdevelopment - Start up process for cloning cows.

We're Home!

And GI Joe is home! He's back from Iraq and the official Welcome Home celebration is going to be tomorrow. I hope that his folks take lots of pictures. DD Daughter can't get off on time to greet him as he steps off the plane but I think she did get some leave so she'll be able to fly out to spend some time with him next week....and for the rest of their lives. I'm sure they'll have their own personal and private celebration as they drive together back to DD Daughter's base in California.

We got back home in Arizona at around 7 PM last night. After resting up (cough, cough, snicker) in Vegas for a few days, we continued on our way across the Dam and through the high desert to our retirement villa in beautiful Arizona. The house was pretty warm when we got here so I ran the air for a bit to cool things down. With an outside temperature of 60°F last night, the air is now off and the windows stayed open until things heated up to a balmy 72°F this afternoon. (I need to put new batteries in my thermometer...adding it to the list.) I'll start tackling the chore of unpacking the boxes today and maybe some laundry. HTP got all our computers up and running along with the TV. We bought groceries and as soon as HTP gets back from the post office with our mail, we'll be good to go...right?

Right now I'm exhausted just thinking about everything that I have to do. I unpacked the suitcases last night. Laundry is moving right up to the top of the To Do list but my pruning finger got itchy. I looked at a jungle out in the backyard which isn't half as bad as it could have been because I have a wonderful neighbor who kept things weeded for me. However, my trees have decided to become bushes. HTP killed two black widow spiders out in the front last night and that was just while we unloaded the car. The backyard has visible Halloweeny webs crisscossing the patio. Thankfully, I was able to get all the trees pruned back without anything more than a few bloody pokes and scratches from one of the palm trees by our fountain. However, on the plus side, I now can see that I have pomegranates on my tree. I don't have as many as my Mom has on her tree and they are as big as hers (fertilizer?) but I had only two that split...so maybe I'll have enough to make a batch of wine.

Then...I stepped on the plumbing for our fountain while pruning one of the trees. HTP wasn't thrilled that he's going to have to add that to his list of things to fix. While he's at it, he's going to have to fix the irrigation system. Our neighbor had to turn off the water yesterday because both her and our yards were flooding. HTP and I went outside to find out where the leak was and....we found it. Unfortunately, it might not be an easy fix. We can't be sure at this point because we have to wait until things dry up again. We suspect that our main water line that feeds the irrigation system is broken. HTP's Honey Do List is getting longer and longer.

Arizona Daughter called to say that she and her hubby are going to Rocky Point for the weekend and though I warned her that they'd need their birth certificates...they patted me on my head, verbally, and told me that they'd only need a driver's license. I pray that they're right. I'm afraid that I'm right. I'm really going to be pissed if I'm right and have to go rescue them.

Murphyism of the Day

Conway's Law

In any organization there will always be one person who knows what is going on. This person must be fired.

No comments: