Friday, October 20, 2006

Word of the Day

Twerpazoid - Someone who looks so dorky that you have to bring back the word twerp to describe them.

Wake UP!

We're off! Maybe I'll blog more tonight. My Murphyism Book is packed so that'll have to wait too.

******

We started our journey with a dusting of snow. As we ate breakfast in town, I couldn't remember if I'd packed my "appliance" or not. I was positive sure that I'd left it on the counter in our bathroom. So...after breakfast HTP and returned to The Lake to retrieve my "appliance". I didn't leave it at The Lake. I'd packed it in my suitcase by mistake. Sigh. Oh well. Anyway, because of this unscheduled stop, we were 15 minutes late in getting to our rendezvous spot where we planned to meet my folks. We were forgiven.

The trip today was uneventful. The skies were fairly clear and we enjoyed the relative warmth of 56' F which felt a heck of a lot better than the 30'F temps that we had left behind. We arrived in Omaha, Nebraska where we're spending tonight at around 6 PM. At this point, it was decided that we should eat supper before checking into our hotel for the night. We had a wonderful meal at Valentino's. This Italian Buffet is absolutely wonderful. DD Daughter and her husband GI Joe introduced us to this restaurant last summer. Fabulous!

Our accomodations for the night are pretty good. Unfortunately, the kids in the neighboring room to ours are a bit rowdy. That's diplomatic speak. It sounds like a thundering herd of bison are jumping around in there. Actually, a thundering herd of bison might be a bit quieter. The bed in our room is shaking.

Murphyism of the Day

Rogers's Rule

Authorization for a project will be granted only when none of the authorizers can be blamed if the project fails but when all the authorizers can claim credit if it succeeds.

No comments: