Tuesday, July 31, 2007


Baby Shower Memories - June 16th 2007

Word of the Day

Coeggulate - To cause transformation of a raw egg into cooked or solid form. A coeggulant causes an egg to coeggulate.


I'm sipping on my first cup of coffee. I've started the first load of laundry (Laundry Day). I checked my traps. I decided NOT to pick any more squash blossoms because I'm tired of eating squash blossoms. I suspect that I'll regret this decision when there aren't any squash blossoms available the next time I get the craving for them. I checked my e-mail. Got rid of my spam. And I almost got rid of an e-mail from a company that provides replacements for Oneida stainless. Apparently my name was given to them by another company that no longer provides replacement services. Actually...I don't need any replacement stainless in the pattern that I had purchased replacements for in the past but HTP and I noted that some of our Onieda stainless here at The Lake has gone missing. I don't know exactly how this happens but I suspect that there may be three main reasons for our loss which I won't go into because I love all my children. However, the rub for replacing our flatware was that I couldn't remember the pattern. Hah! I'm glad I didn't delete that e-mail. I went through ALL the patterns of Oneidaware that they had and found our pattern. I bookmarked it. I also bookmarked the pattern for our silverplate dinnerware (Arizona). I'm not actually sure at this point if I'll avail myself of the replacement company's services but at least HTP and I have a starting point. It might be nice to have some iced tea spoons, maybe some cocktail forks, a slotted spoon, a meat fork, a ladle, and three casserole spoons...along with some replacement spoons (they disappear first), forks, and knives (also disappear on a regular basis...I think someone may find them useful for removing screws when they can't find the screwdriver which they forgot to put away the last time they used it.) When I bought this set here at The Lake, Hostess Sets were not available so I've been making do with whatever I could find when it came to serving pieces.

Four Chipmunks and One Cute Little Teeny Tiny Brown Mouse Have Been Deported to Doolittle Park and One Bunny Has Been Deported to the Next County

Murphyism of the Day

Horowitz's Law


Whenever you turn on the radio, you hear the last few notes of your favorite song.

Old Grey's Corollary

Whenever you turn on the radio, you hear the last half of a most controversial news item which won't be repeated for at least another hour at which point you will have dozed off.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

When a man is wrapped up in himself, he makes a pretty small package.

-- John Ruskin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wansn't me =)