Wednesday, July 11, 2007


More Frogs in My Viola Garden - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Chillax - To chill and relax.


No real time to chill or relax today. However, the temperatures outside are nicer. It's only 59°F right now. Gotta love it. I'll have to run out and pick raspberries and blueberries as soon as the morning dew has dried. I also hope to go out in search of wild raspberries. I'm keeping my fingers crossed there might be a few despite our lack of any significant rain.

This morning I noted that there was enough coffee left in the coffee pot from yesterday to nuke a cup before prepping a fresh pot of coffee for breakfast. It's little things like this that make the whole morning click into the right place. I know. It's a little thing and many of you are thinking, "Ewwww! Left-over coffee that's been sitting in a coffee pot on the counter all night?! Ewwww!" But I don't mind drinking that first cup of coffee (or last cup from the previous day). It just seems to take so long to brew up that fresh pot. The time goes a lot quicker when I can sip on a nice hot cup of coffee while I'm waiting for the fresh stuff to brew.

I'm finishing up the laundry that I didn't get to yesterday. I need to run outside to check the garden. My dog Mancha (getting old and infirm) ate her special diet food this morning. She hates it and has been refusing to touch it so I'd been giving her a regular stuff. So...today will be a good day for her.

Murphyism of the Day

Jone's Second Law of TV Programming


The only new show worth watching will be canceled.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.

-- Sir Winston Churchill

No comments: