Monday, July 23, 2007


Old Grey Frog Cleaning Wild Raspberries - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Clingons - Little pieces of toilet paper that get stuck in one's behind, or to one's shoe.


Against my better judgement, I went out berry picking again this morning. It was wet but I was careful and didn't end up with a mass of berry mash. On the plus side, I got about a quart of blackberries that I'll serve for dessert tonight on some vanilla pudding. I also ran into a nice bunch of puff balls which I cleaned up and will cook...but not for tonight. Maybe tomorrow night. There's some fairy ring mushrooms that I can combine them with to serve with some steak. Tomorrow night. Since it was so wet out, I limited my wild raspberry picking to just those choice berries that hadn't been nibbled by wasps. I was able to freeze about one cup of crushed wild raspberries. Maybe I'll go out picking again tomorrow when the woods will have had more of a chance to dry off. We didn't get much rain but the high humidity is keeping things damp.

#1 Son is heading back to The Big City after supper tonight. I promised him hamburgers on the grill for supper. Dessert, I already mentioned.

The UPS guy came and brought the Earthboxes Sis and I ordered off the internet. He also brought me the books I ordered online that I haven't been able to find in the city at Walmart. Our Walmart doesn't keep a large selection of books so sometimes I have to order my books online.

Our new dishwasher is supposed to be delivered in an hour or so. I haven't been thrilled with the store that we bought it from but....whatever. It's a dishwasher. We're going to have someone else install it.

Murphyism of the Day

Thiessen's Law of Gastronomy


The hardness of the butter is in direct proportion to the softness of the roll.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

--James A. Froude

No comments: