Saturday, July 28, 2007


This Deer Hasn't Figured Out How to Get Into My Vegetable Garden

Word of the Day

Clickulate - Repetitive and nervous clicking of the mouse in a fervent attempt at making a webpage load faster. Act of clicking off numerous pop-up ads. See also: clickulated, clickulation.


My brother and his family and my folks are coming for supper tonight. I'm making brats on the grill. Of course, you can't just have brats with toppings for supper, so I'm making potato salad and I'm doctoring up some baked beans to serve as well. I already baked the brownies that I plan to serve for dessert.

I haven't caught any more chipmunks or bunnies in my garden. I'm hoping that this means that I've caught all the culprits who have been eating my green beans. However, to be on the safe side, I'm keeping my traps set and baited. The count remains at two chipmunks and one bunny.

Oops! I blogged too soon. Just checked my traps and I got another chipmunk so...

Three Chipmunks Have Been Deported to Doolittle Park and One Bunny Has Been Deported to the Next County

We did get a bit of rain this week but not enough to make too much of a difference. I guess it's back to doing that sprinkler dance for me...but not today.

Murphyism of the Day

Seymour's Investment Principle


Never invest in anything that eats.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

No one else can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten

--Natasha Bedingfield

No comments: