Tuesday, July 24, 2007


Old Grey Frog Picking Blueberries on Blueberry Hill - Summer 2007


Word of the Day

Clicklexia - A computer-related disorder one suffers from in which they have a tendency to double-click on items which only require one click, often resulting in two items opening instead of just one. This disorder is more often found in novices and aged computer users.


I'm going to concentrate on doing laundry today. I also need to pick any green beans that the chipmunks have left for me. And, I need to pick blueberries. These are my goals for today. However...the UPS guy delivered a couple of books yesterday and they're just sitting there tempting me. It's hard to resist temptation when my energy quotient is at its current level. Of course, that may be because it's still early in the morning and I've only had the few sips of reheated coffee from yesterday's pot.

Our new dishwasher is here. The appliance store delivered it out last night just as we were sitting down for supper which, of course, fit right into my Murphy's Law expectations. Oh well...the burgers still tasted good and I was able to keep the tater puffs warm in the oven.

#1 Son packed an incredible amount of his stuff into our gas-guzzling SUV and headed back to The Big City shortly after supper with it, leaving his smaller more fuel efficient Buick for us to use for a couple of weeks. He's moving to a new apartment near his college and needed a bigger vehicle that would hold all the stuff that he's moving from here to there and from his old apartment to his new one.

Murphyism of the Day

Woodside's Grocery Principle


The bag that breaks is the one with the eggs.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now... with its aches and it pleasures... is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

No comments: