Friday, July 20, 2007


A Summer View of My Front Garden

Word of the Day

Claustropedic - A syndrome where the sufferer can't wear closed-toed footwear, even when it's unpractical. Mostly seen in the evenings during the winter.


We now have fifteen jars of jam all cooked up, sealed, and labeled. Five each of Red Raspberry Jam (from my tame bushes), Wild Raspberry Jam (from our hunting and picking efforts), and Sugarfree Wild Raspberry Jam ( hiking and picking). I'll go out again tomorrow to pick again.

MC Daughter made a batch of Blueberry Cream Scones today. I haven't had a chance to try them yet but they smell yummy.

I've been doing the sprinkler dance all day. There's no rain in the forecast for at least a week or longer so I may be repeating this dance again in a few days. I ran outside to water my Earthboxes when I saw my eggplants drooping. It looks like they're going to need a lot more water than I'd thought. I'll have to keep a closer eye on them.

We've decided to head out fishing before supper. A late night pizza supper is planned since MC Daughter won't eat fish. However...she does like to go fishing so I'll probably be cleaning fish later tonight.

Murphyism of the Day

The Pineapple Principle


The best parts of anything are always impossible to separate from the worst parts.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. -- Maurice Maeterlinck

No comments: