Saturday, July 21, 2007


My Tomatoes Are Getting Ripe - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Cleanaholic - Someone who, in seeing a crumb on the floor, cleans the whole house again.


We went out fishing in the boat last night only returning to shore when it looked like we'd need to start thinking about putting up our running lights. We caught a mess of fish which means that I had to clean a mess of fish before we could sit down to eat supper. I suppose we could have had supper before we went out fishing but then we might not have caught so many fish. Anyway, we didn't sit down to supper until around 9:30 last night. Pizza. I froze the fish.

I'm still dancing with sprinklers this morning. Only a couple more moves before I can stow them away for a few days and then start again.

The hummingbirds and orioles have managed to empty their feeders so I'm cooking up another batch of nectar for them. A watched pot never boils, don'tcha know. It's amazing how much those little buggers can put away. MC Daughter and I sat out on the deck yesterday to watch the aerial battles and high-jinks.

I need to go out and pick wild raspberries again today. I picked the ripe tomatoes and the squash blossoms from the garden this morning but I need to pick the green beans. The stupid chipmunks (although very cute) have been raiding my garden. I'm finding half eaten beans strewn about. I didn't plant so many green beans this year so every green bean that the chipmunks mutilate is a bean that I don't get to eat.

I thought I'd better blog before everyone gets up this morning. It looks like it'll be a busy weekend.

Murphyism of the Day

O'Toole's Axiom


One child is not enough, but two children is far too many.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I say luck is when an opportunity comes along, and you're prepared for it.

-- Denzel Washington

No comments: