Sunday, July 29, 2007


My Sweet William Garden - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Clonedead - A written document which has been copied until it is practically illegible and is therefore useless.


HTP has gone to The Big City to help #1 Son buy a bed for his new really old house converted into a duplex apartment where he'll be living for the next year with three other college students. Unlike his current apartment which he shares with two other students, this new apartment will allow him to have his own room (no sharing). Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a bed...or any other furnishings. Thank goodness for Craig's List. My children keep telling me about all the neat stuff that they get there, free or at rock bottom prices.

I decided to stay home. My figuring was that HTP and #1 Son didn't really need me for this trip. Besides, I didn't feel like spending six hours driving to and fro. I checked my traps. Nothing yet today. Watered the garden. Made fresh salsa with some of the tomatoes from my garden. I need to gather the seed heads from my Sweet William garden. And, I plan to pick some green beans to cook up for my supper.

****

Update! I caught another chipmunk to transport to Doolittle Park so....

Four Chipmunks Have Been Deported to Doolittle Park and One Bunny Has Been Deported to the Next County

I discovered this latest chipmunk when I went out to pick my beans. Knock on wood, I think my traps are working because I managed to pick more beans than I'll be able to eat for supper. Despite this, I put fresh bait in my traps and will check them again in a bit.

Murphyism of the Day

Rule of Feline Frustration


When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Sweet William? Mine are finishing up and I need to gather seeds too. I did not water the garden by the road so it is surviving on the little rain.
Daylilies and other lilies are going strong now.!!!
IBM