Sunday, July 15, 2007


Bird-Proofed Blueberry Hill-Too Bad it isn't Squirrel-Proof (Summer 2007)

Word of the Day

Chlorospud - The substance that gives some potato chips their inexplicably green color. Many snackers have been tricked into thinking these green chips are a toy surprise.


I picked enough wild raspberries, when combined with those that I've previously picked, to make a batch of wild raspberry jam. This doesn't mean that I'll cease my hunt. I will continue to pick until the wild raspberries have ceased producing. I noted today that one of the blackberries on one of the many blackberry bushes that line my driveway, had started to ripen.

After washing off the mosquito repellent that I had to spray on myself in order to avoid the dreaded mosquito, I made lunch. And then...I spent two hours cleaning the wild raspberries. It only took a moment to crush them in preparation for freezing. 2 cups. It took two hours to clean one quart of berries that when crushed ended up as 2 cups. Oh well...the jam will be worth it.

After that...I went outside to pick my tame raspberries and my blueberries. And then...I picked the first picking of green beans from my garden. So...you see...I've been keeping busy. HTP and I will have fresh green beans with our steak tonight.

Tomorrow, Sis and I will work some more on our wine-making projects.

Murphyism of the Day

Bess's Universal Principles

1. The telephone will ring when you are outside the door, fumbling for your keys.

2. You will reach it just in time to hear the click of the caller hanging up.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...' -- Isaac Asimov

No comments: