Thursday, July 05, 2007


East Shore of The Lake

Word of the Day

Cappus lockus - A dreaded affliction that causes one's capital lock to come on without their knowledge and stay on, causing people in a chat to think they are yelling at them for some time before the person realizes that their capital lock is on.


My traps are set. I've had it with those fat grey squirrels. I'm not too fond of the chipmunks either at this point. They may look cute but I've only got another 20-pound bag of bird seed left. I can't afford to feed fat grey squirrels. Besides, they chase away all the birds and.... I don't have proof but it was either a grey squirrel or a raccoon that half dug out one of the eggplants in my Earthbox on the deck. And...they're pooping all over the deck. Yucko! I rescued the eggplant before it croaked but I don't think my plants will survive a future attack. The chipmunks? "Someone" attacked on of my blueberry bushes and randomly picked and discarded bunches of the green berries. I've got the bushes covered in netting but there isn't much that will stop a chipmunk...or a squirrel. The netting is for the birds. Literally.

I'm going to have to go out and pick raspberries and blueberries again today and then I'm going to start the sprinkler dance. We haven't had any rain. Maybe we might get a bit of rain today but there's only a 30% chance. Since we didn't get any from the 60% chance, I have my doubts that we'll see any rain for at least a couple more weeks. My garden can't wait on it.

Murphyism of the Day

Second Law of Gardening


Fancy gizmos don't work.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. -- Isaac Asimov

No comments: