Friday, March 14, 2008


Baby Snapping Turtles Move Like the Wind

Word of the Day

Furshnoodle - To be messy or out of control.


Normally I try to blog before dinner time but.....

HTP surprised me by taking me out for a movie and then a late lunch. I love surprises like that. I needed to go grocery shopping so that's where I thought we were going when HTP came into the room and said, "OK. Let's go. Take Gypsy outside, close the windows and then let's go." My response was, "You're going shopping with me? Huh?!" And then...as we passed the grocery store and I'm pointing this out as I'm looking over my shoulder, HTP tells me that he's got a different store in mind? Total bewilderment. Maybe I would have changed into jeans and grabbed a sweater if I'd known where we were going but, hey, I'm not complaining. I got to see that Horton movie. Cute! Lots of children there. The theatre was PACKED with children. Spring break? The movie was still fun to see...even with that kid in back of me kicking my chair. And then we ate riblets at Applebees afterwards. Love it. I love riblets. I love nice surprises like this. We did finally get around to doing the grocery shopping too. I needed to get my Irish dinner fixings. I picked up some Irish beer too. Smithwick's and Harp. I'm not too fond of Guinness...don't shoot me. I love dark beers but not quite that dark. However, I'm told that I'd love Guinness if I were sampling in some smokey pub in Ireland. I know I like Smithwick's. Sis' HTP let me sample a bottle of his stash in the at The Lake. I'm not too sure about Harp. I'll have to give it a go.

Murphyism of the Day

Hitch's Internet Law


When connecting to a Web site your request will take the most indirect possible route.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

- Norman Vincent Peale

No comments: