Wednesday, March 05, 2008


MC Daughter, #1 Son, and DD Daughter in The Big Cabin at The Lake

Word of the Day

Fugifry - A French fry that has escaped from the smaller French fry sleeve into the larger takeout bag from a fast food burger restaurant. When the bag contains the components of several individuals' meals, fugifries are considered community property, though they are usually claimed by the person charged with passing out the food.


I read my daughter's blog this morning and my mind has become occupied with The Lake. I'm not sure I would really like to be there right now. Too cold. But, mentally I've transported myself to that ideal time of year and that ideal temperature, sitting on my rocking chair on the deck at The Lake. Or....sitting on dock watching the loons gliding on the still water or the eagles soaring overhead. There are no mosquitoes in my ideal time. No wasps or bugs of any kind. It isn't too hot and it isn't too cold. There aren't any weekenders with motorboats and jet skis ripping up and down the lake. It's just me. Sitting on the deck, rocking in the sunshine which never gets too hot, sipping on a nice cup of coffee or a glass of wine. And all this reminds me that HTP and I will be heading out to The Lake in a bit more than a month. I dug out my packing list and I've started revising. It's the same Packing and To Do List that I use every time that I head up to The Lake. Basic. I just have to edit it a bit for changing needs.

I can't wait to get back up to The Lake. When Ms. En gets older, I'll take her fishing and we'll catch bluegills off the dock. We'll go berry picking and I'll show her how to clean wild raspberries and make homemade jam. Maybe we'll find some giant puff balls. We'll go hiking. I'll show her how to catch toads and chipmunks and snakes and maybe show her some baby snapping turtles. Maybe we'll dig Indian clay and make pots. She's a bit young for all that right now. She'll need to be a bit older. That's OK. This summer I'm sure she'll be content to just sit in her stroller....getting a feel for the place and maybe get her used to a life vest so we can take her out for a boat ride.

Murphyism of the Day

Moore's Law (simplified)


Computer power doubles and prices halve every eighteen months.


Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Today you can go to a gas station and find the cash register open and the toilets locked. They must think toilet paper is worth more than money.

- Joey Bishop

No comments: