Wednesday, March 12, 2008


Deer at The Lake

Word of the Day

Furnidents - The indentations that appear in carpets after a piece of furniture has been removed.


I had no intention of sleeping away an entire afternoon but that's how it ended up. HTP and I pruned the palm trees. They look great. Well...they look a lot better than they used to look. We didn't actually get them totally preened and perfect but they look nice. No more palm fronds drooping into the fountain getting in the way of the frog spitter. I know that when HTP and I return to Arizona after a summer spent at The Lake, the palms will look wild and wooly again but for right now, They look nice. HTP's tells me that his knee hurts from all our pruning. I know that the palms bit him at least once or twice. I wore gloves so I only got nibbled on a bit. No blood for me. I don't know what HTP did with his knee but he joked about having to go see the same surgeon that took care of Gypsy's knees. Me? After lunch I laid down to read a book with Gypsy and then woke up just now to realize that I'd slept away the afternoon. Gypsy didn't seem to mind.

Murphyism of the Day

Holten's Download Principle


The likelihood of receiving an error message during a download increases the closer you come to finishing.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

What others think of us would be of little moment did it not, when known, so deeply tinge what we think of ourselves.

- Paul Valery (1871 - 1945)

No comments: