Saturday, March 15, 2008


Fetch the Squirrel Gypsy! Go Get'Em!

Word of the Day

furshur - Definitely; for certain.


I'm totally jealous. My sister said she might be going up to The Lake. And now...MC Daughter tells me that she and D Buddy might be going up to The Lake..and maybe #1 Son too. HTP and I still haven't even ironed out a departure date for our return to The Lake this year. We discussed it with calendar in hand this morning over breakfast. I called DD Daughter to discuss it with her but she was on her way out the door and headed for class. "I'll talk to GI Joe and call you back when I get home from class...at around 5 PM." 5 PM is about 3 PM our time. I hadn't really thought about the time thing and Daylight Savings Time because Arizona doesn't do Daylight Savings Time. However, other states aren't quite as progressive as Arizona. So when MC Daughter called me this morning at around 6:30 AM, the clock in her room was reading 8:30 AM. Good thing I'm an early riser. Unfortunately, early calls tend to make my heart stutter a bit. Oh well...gotta love Daylight Savings Time. I'll have to change my Vegas watch. Arizona time and Vegas time are the same during Daylight Savings Time. I'll know more about departure dates after I talk to DD Daughter, and then my folks, and then Sam's Town.

I had a craving for my famous Sugarfree Oatmeal Raisin/Chocolate Chip Cookies this morning. I suppose my recipe isn't technically sugarfree. Raisins are sweet and therefore, like most fruit, have sugar. Well...if people can't figure out that there's sugar in raisins than I'm thinking that it's someone else's problem...not mine.

Sugarfree Oatmeal Raisin/Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup margarine (1600 cal.)
1 1/2 cup Maltitol brown sugar substitute sweetener plus 1/2 cup Maltitol granulated sugar substitute. (832 cal.)
3 egg whites (60 cal.)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (788 cal.)
2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (1214 cal.)
1/2 cup Wheatena cereal (200 cal.)
2 cup sugarless chocolate chips (1572 cal.)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (411 cal.)

Heat oven to 350°F. Beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking soda and salt. Beat in flour, oats and cereal. Stir in chips and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 18 minutes. Cool 1 minute before removing to cooling racks. These cookies are about 112 calories each. You'll have to do the math on carbs yourself. I'm too lazy. However, the recipe makes 5 dozen cookies.

******

Of course, I didn't have any Wheatena or whole wheat flour in my pantry. I didn't stock up with my craving for cookies in mind...even though I went to the grocery store yesterday. My craving was such that I altered the recipe and it still worked out just fine. Yummy cookies! I used 2 1/2 cups rolled oats. I used unbleached white flour. Oh...and I used 2 whole eggs instead of the egg whites. Horrors! Pffft! I ate two of the cookies instead of breakfast this morning. These are not guilt free cookies. However, I don't feel quite as guilty as I might have if I'd used pure processed white sugar.

Murphyism of the Day

Reichart's Internet Law


The link button you want to press is the last one that loads.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Remember that nobody will ever get ahead of you as long as he is kicking you in the seat of the pants.

- Walter Winchell (1897 - 1972)

No comments: