Sunday, March 30, 2008


A Toast to Sis


Word of the Day

Giraffiti - Any graffiti drawn in a very, very high place, such as the famous "Surrender Dorothy" on the Beltway overpass.


It's my sister's birthday today. I sent her a card via snail mail but I'm afraid it probably didn't get there on time. Figures. I'm great at buying cards, I'm not so great on making sure that they get in that blue mailbox that sits outside our local grocery store. However...I did put it in the blue mailbox. I did. Anyway....


Happy


Birthday


Sis!




Old Grey Frog has a sneaking suspicion that she's getting a bit of exercise every time she gives Gypsy her physical therapy. Oh well...Old Grey needs to work off a few of those jelly beans that she's been munching on.

I've started a tentative "ticker" on the top of my blog. HTP and I know tentatively when we'll have to be all packed up to hit the road for The Lake. I've started piling stuff from my Packing List on our dining room table and in our guest room. It's early but if I can get a start on some of this packing, I won't have to worry so much about it later. At this point, I haven't even printed out my lists. I keep my lists on my computer so I won't lose them. Once I print them out, they become vulnerable to that interdimensional thieving monster who inevitably and occasionally slips into our dimension to steal lists of all kinds, really important receipts, car keys, TV remotes, glasses, socks, loose screws and nuts and...whatever you happen to really need at any given time.

Murphyism of the Day

Gilb's Second Law of Unreliability


Any system that depends on human reliability is unreliable.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.

- Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)

No comments: