Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Word of the Day

Fuelderment - The confusion at an unfamiliar gas station over how to activate the gas pump.


Gypsy is improving. My main cause of concern at this point is that she's hard to contain. Poor puppy is ending up in the kennel more and more because I can't guarantee containment when I'm involved with other activities. She just pops out of her box/basket willy-nilly when my back is turned. Seven more days of this before we find out whether the surgery this time worked or not.

I can deal with the containment issue but Gypsy has developed a bad habit which I'm pretty sure has resulted from the forced lack of activity that she's been having to deal due to this surgery. No running. No jumping. No really fun strenuous fun activities. She has started chewing on her ears. Yucko! OK. She's not actually chewing on her ears as in the fleshy part of her ears. I imagine that would hurt if she could actually reach that fleshy part of her ears. She's chewing on the long hair that's growing on her ears. If I could give her a bath, I would but since I can't, I'm having to brush her ears twice a day to keep the tangles away. I equate this ear chewing habit to a baby's habit of thumb-sucking. Ewww! Slimy! I've upped Gypsy's bone quota. Something better to chew on. Unfortunately, what my poor puppy really needs is a good run, jump and fetch session. Hopefully this need will be finally filled in another five weeks.

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's Sixth Computer Law


Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Inspiration may be a form of superconsciousness, or perhaps of subconsciousness - I wouldn't know. But I am sure it is the antithesis of self- consciousness.

- Aaron Copland

No comments: